The GULGBT (Glasgow University Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Students’ Association) is a students’ society formed to provide an open and welcoming space for people under the LGBT banner (the banner includes people from outside the acronym; moreover, the society welcomes everyone from every background). It provides both a welfare and social space so that people can get to know each other.
- The social side of the society includes regular Wednesday night events which, in the past, have included pub crawls, debates, quizzes and film nights, to mention just a few. There are also separate events for those who identify as women and men which occur once a month alongside more frequent trans* events. There are also events for post graduate and mature students once a month.
- Every Monday, there is a lunch drop-in in the QMU committee room 1 between 12noon and 2pm. A welfare drop-in is also provided every first Monday of the month in a room away from the lunch drop-in to provide confidentiality.
- There are also monthly book clubs on the last Thursday of the month and LGBT football.
- For dates of these events, see Events.
- We also provide a befriending service for people who are considering coming along to our events and feel anxious coming. So you can arrange to meet up with our welfare officer (or another member of the committee) beforehand to make you feel more comfortable.
- The welfare side of the society includes a dedicated welfare officer as well as monthly welfare drop-ins (first Monday of the month alongside the Monday lunch drop-ins) and talks, presentations and workshops on specific issues and concerns.
The society does its best to provide the best possible environment for LGBT people both within and outside of the society, so if there is any way we can help do this, don’t hesitate to contact us.
To contact us while we are at events (e.g. to find where we are or, if you’re new to our events, to meet up before hand) you can text/call the LGBT mobile on: 07931571047.